About cosmetic packaging materials Talking about the acceptance standard of cosmetics (plastic bottl
Regarding cosmetic packaging materials, it is not just a matter of quality inspection! On the acceptance standard of cosmetics (plastic bottles)
Many people think that cosmetic packaging materials are a matter of quality control or quality inspection. In fact, from the perspective of Koyanagi, as a person who develops or operates or is a brand, a preliminary understanding is also required. Product development is a long process. As the "baby" we manage with our products, we also hope that it is perfect. Generally larger cosmetics brands or cosmetics OEMs have high requirements for cosmetic packaging materials. Today I will tell you how to check and accept the packaging materials of plastic bottles.
Plastic bottles are generally distinguished according to the material. Common ones include PP, PE, PETG, PET, acrylic, ABS, AS, MS, PS, etc. PET, PP, ABS are the most common.
We can generally accept from the following aspects.
1. See if it is hygienic
Generally, the internal and external surfaces are required to be clean, clean, and free of pollution. Water stains, oil stains, insects, hair, odors, and irritating odors are not allowed.
2. Look at the appearance
The general eye can directly see the judgment, different levels can define different defect levels, and one can also judge whether it is within our acceptance range according to the actual situation.
Generally, look at whether the colors are obviously inconsistent, whether there are obvious color differences in the same batch of colors, whether there are printing errors or printing ghosts, the sleeve is not accurate, whether there are foreign objects in the bottle, whether the bottle mouth is smooth and free of burrs, and whether the bottle body has stains Or unevenness, whether there are pits or pits in the electroplating category, whether the bronzing has fallen off or shifted, etc., which is generally acceptable without affecting the overall appearance.
3. Functional test
Functional test items generally require some tools. Can be subdivided into the following items.
(1) Length and position deviation: Length deviation refers to the outer size and the bottle hole size. Generally, it is not required that the deviation of a batch is too large. The plate position refers to the printing plate position and the overprinting hot silver plate position, etc., do not exceed too much, the ruler can be measured.
(2) Bottle cap gap: The deviation of bottle cap gap depends on personal acceptance. Normally, it should not be less than 0.2cm and no more than 1cm. Some companies require higher requirements not to exceed 0.5cm, and the ruler can be measured.
(3) Matching: Generally, after matching with the outer box, there is no loosening, idling phenomenon or the bottle is too short and the box is too high. It is not suitable for this. You can see this for your own matching.
(4) Air tightness: mainly depends on whether there is liquid leakage. Generally, professional companies use a vacuum leak detector to test. If there is no condition, you can load the body and invert it for a few days to see if there is liquid leakage.
(5) Capacity: The capacity of plastic bottles provided by some suppliers sometimes does not match what you want (although he said it is this capacity, but the density of the material is different, sometimes the number of milliliters is converted into grams, There may be a difference of a few grams). At this time, you need to use the material to test it yourself. You can buy a test tube to test it.
(6) Adhesion: Generally, it depends on whether the printing of the product is durable. It can be tested with 3M tape. If it is stuck, tear it off, and then see if there is a word or paint drop, which does not affect normal reading.
(7) Drop test, this is a question of whether the simulated product is resistant to drop, and it is also applicable to the e-commerce channel. Everyone has a moment of uneasiness, or a situation where the courier is very violent, and expensive cosmetics fall off and break into one place, so it is very worrying, so this is especially important. Generally, it falls a few times around 1 meter. , Broken, if every drop is broken, then the bottle must be seriously considered whether to continue to use it.
(8) Code printing: This is still very important. If your product is not clear, or it will drop a lot after a while, consumers will not be able to see it clearly when buying it, which is very frustrating. , This can be glued down with 3M glue to see if it's not bad. After 3M is glued, you can see the code clearly.
(9) Transportation bumps: This generally needs to simulate the transportation platform to simulate the situation that occurs during the transportation of the product. If not, you can only try to drop the reference result ~
(10) Light test, this is the most important for the products on the shelf. Some bottles are not of good quality. After a period of light, the color has seriously changed. The product developed by Xiaoliu has appeared. Within three months, the pink has faded seriously It becomes gray ~ So if you have conditions, you can test and observe it for 2-3 months.
(11) Solvent resistance of the material body: Doing this test is generally worried that during the use of the consumer, the material body is dug out to get the bottle, and the text appears to be lacquered on the bottle. Imagine that cosmetics are used and the body is less. The bottle can't read the words ... so, apply a small amount of the corresponding material on the surface of the bottle, wipe off the material every 12 or 48 hours to observe the paint dropping phenomenon of the product, or you can stick it with your hand or 3M glue to see it. No paint dropping and word dropping. Or minor cases are actually within the acceptance range.
(12) Compatibility stability test, generally test for 2-3 months, a set of matching, can be set, room temperature, 50 ℃, 45 ℃, -10 ℃, see if there is a big change in the material body and the packaging material, there is a change It indicates that the product is unstable or there is a problem with the packaging material. Specific analysis.
(13) Alcohol test: General cosmetics OEM manufacturers produce cosmetics, which will be more or less used to contact with alcohol for disinfection. Generally, they are soaked in 75% alcohol for 30 seconds, dried naturally and then tested with 3M glue. Text and patterns after the test It is qualified without affecting normal reading.
(14) Fluorescence test: This requires a fluorescent lamp to measure. Generally, the bottles are basically white with fluorescent agents, but the migrating fluorescent agents are terrible. The non-migrating fluorescent agents actually have little effect. Just ask the supplier.
Although some projects require tools, most of them can be observed visually, and we can also ask suppliers of packaging materials or cosmetics processing factories to do related tests. If the packaging materials are unqualified, it will ultimately affect the product. The final experience. As a consumer, if you receive a bottle of cosmetics and find that there is a material leakage, it will definitely affect the consumer's trust in this brand.